VietNamNet Bridge - Many farmers in Hoi An have earned incomes of nearly VND100 million ($5,000) a year by providing buffaloes to serve tourists. Mr. Le Viet Nhien, a farmer in Cam Chau Ward Recognizing that foreign tourists might have an interest in being "farmers for a day", Mr. Le Viet Nhien, a farmer in Cam Chau Ward, bought 12 buffaloes in 2010. His intention was to use them for both agr...
While planning our route through Vietnam one of the places I was most looking forward to visiting was Hoi An. Many travellers we had talked to had absolutely raved about the place. However, our two-week long stay in Hoi An, Vietnam became a love-hate relationship. I found the people to be incredibly grumpy, which is contrary to what we had experienced in other parts of Vietnam. But then there w...
If you haven’t heard of Hoi An, you’re not the only one. This is one of Southeast Asia’s best kept sort-of-secrets. Those who have had the pleasure of visiting are bound to brag about this little gem, with its’ exceptionally well-preserved Old Town and streets lined with colourful lanterns. If you find yourself on a tiki tour of S. E. Asia, you’re gonna want to put th...
During a recent holiday in Hoi An, we joined a farming and fishing tour in Hoi An’s beautiful surrounding countryside. Everybody told us we were crazy taking our 2-year old and 4-year old out on a 6-hour day tour in the full-on Vietnamese heat, but they couldn’t have been more wrong. We had a blast, and it was an incredible experience for the kids, who loved every minute. We kicked ...
A foreign tourist walks a water buffalo through a paddy field in Cam Thanh Commune, Hoi An TownIn December 2011, Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg created a buzz in both local and international media outlets with a photo showing him riding a buffalo in Vietnam's famous resort town of Sa Pa. He was reported to have hired nine buffalos from a local family so he and his friends could ride them a...
Tour and Rate
- Farming & Fishing life (Day trip 6 hours)
- Fishing Village Basket boat (Day trip 4 hours)
- Rice Culture (Day trip 4.5 hours)
- Rowing Basket Boat & Riding Buffalo (Day trip 2.5 hours)
- Fishing & Snorkeling with lunch Trip Cham Island By Speed Boat (8 hours)
- Discover & Experience Cham Island (2 days /1 night)
- The Paradise Exploration (3 days 2 nights)
- Hoi An Night Eating & singing karaoke Tour By USSR Side-Car & US Army Jeep (Night trip 4 hours)
- Rice Planting & Fishing (Day trip 6 hours)
- Country Life Experience (Full day trip 10 hours)
- Sunrise Fish Market (Day trip 2.5 hours)
- Sunset River Cruise & Rowing Basket Boat (Day trip 2.5 hours)
- Discover Fishing Village & Rice Paddy Tour (Day trip 7 hours)
- Buffalo Pulling Cart & Meet The Farmer (Day trip 3 hours)
- Adventure Basket Boat Ride (Day trip 1.5 hours)
- Basket Boat Racing (For mice/incentive group) (Day trip 3 hours)