Cao lau is a regional Vietnamese dish made with noodles, pork, and local greens, that is found only in the town of Hoi An, in the Quang Nam Province of central Vietnam. Its unique taste and texture is achieved by using water from an undisclosed ancient Cham well, just outside of the town. This story is promulgated in a popular guide book and has become something of an urban legend. It is likely th...
My Quang (Quang Noodles) The noodles are made from rice. The proteins are usually shrimp, pork, chicken, or even fish and beef. The broth is made by simmering the meat in water or bone broth. Extras include hard-boiled egg, crushed peanuts, fresh vegetables. Similar to rice noodle and chicken or pork soup (Hu tieu), My Quang is a variety of Pho (rice noodle soup), because the noodles are made fr...
Hoi An attracts millions of visitors every year to its centuries-old relics, nights that are magically lit up by hand-made lanterns, and gentle activities like cruising on the Hoai River that flows through it. This old town in the central province of Quang Nam is also known for its people's honesty and hospitality. But Hoi An's attractiveness also lies in its vast cuisine with foods that are ch...
Tour and Rate
- #1 JACKTRAN’S Fishing Village Culture & Basket Boat Tour With Lunch/Dinner On Board (Day trip 4 hours)
- #2 JACKTRAN’SWet Rice Farm Culture With Lunch/Dinner At Farmer House (Day trip 4.5 hours)
- #3 JACKTRAN’S Farming & Fishing Life By Bike & Boat With Lunch/Dinner On Board (Day trip 6 hours)
- #4 JACKTRAN’S Rowing Basket Boat & Riding Buffalo (Day trip 2.5 hours)
- #5 JACKTRAN’S Rice Planting & Fishing (Day trip 6 hours)
- #6 JACKTRAN’S Sunrise Fish Market (Day trip 2.5 hours)
- #7 JACKTRAN’S Sunset River Cruise & Rowing Basket Boat (Day trip 2.5 hours)